Mamie Carroll Woodford Scholarship Fund
The Mamie Carroll Woodford Scholarship Fund was established in 1986. The scholarship is named in honor of the late Mamie C. Woodford, a Howard University alumna class of 1932 and long-time president of the HUAC Baltimore. The Woodford scholarship fund supports students from the Baltimore Metropolitan area who attend Howard University.
The HUACB will award at least one $3,000 ($1,500 per semester) scholarship. The HUACB scholarship committee adjudicates applications based on merit. The committee reserves the right to consider need when determining amounts awarded.
1. Applicant MUST BE A RESIDENT OF BALTIMORE CITY AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES ONLY (Baltimore City and the Counties of Anne
Arundel, Carroll, Baltimore, and Harford) to be considered for this scholarship.
2. Applicant must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher (4.0 scale)
1. Application form (see links below)
2. Essay (prompts included in the application form - 500-750 words)
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation submitted directly by recommenders. Recommenders may be a leader from your community or
public service organization, your academic adviser, your teacher, or your coach. Recommenders may not be family members,
friends, or persons under 21 years of age.
4. Interview with the Howard University Alumni Club of Baltimore Scholarship Committee (if deemed necessary)
1. Awardee must submit the provided scholarship form by the specified date.
2. Awardee must attend the HUAC Baltimore student send-off to formally accept the scholarship.
3. Awardee must attend at least one (1) other HUACB event (virtually or in-person) during the award period.
*The HUACB Scholarship Committee reserves the right to revoke any scholarship in name and in kind if the awardee fails to meet these requirements, if the details of an application are deemed to be inaccurate, or if the awardee publicly exhibits behavior not in alignment with the values of the HUACB.
HUACB Scholarship for Continuing Students Application (Scholarship Deadline, May 12, 2023)
HUACB Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen Application (Scholarship Deadline, June 1, 2023)